Sunday, January 9, 2011

Video Game Frustration

 I remember when I was younger and the playstation uno was the hottest shit that ever hit the stores. Video games were like, 15 dollars brand new and just released. Best life ever. Now video games are 60 dollars. What is this. 






I'm usually pretty calm if I can't get through a complicated part of a video game after a few tries. It's all cool. I'm sure I'll get through it sooner or later. However, I'm not going to lie to any of you, and I'm sure we are all aware I have a pretty bad language problem, but NOTHING makes me curse more than repeatingly trying to attempt an obstacle in a video game after a thousand and a half tries. 

I'm looking at you Demyx.

That's right Kingdom Hearts fans. You frikin heard me. That bastard child Demyx. I took Xigbar, Xaldin, and Xemnas like a fuckin' champ.  I never died one time in that whole game except the final battle with Demyx at Hollow Bastian. 2 WEEKS.

If one person comments on this saying "HAHAHA THAT WAS EASY YOU'RE A N00b" i'll probably drown you in a dirty toilet. you were warned.




Three Phases of Video Game Frustration:

PHASE 1 :

Just a lot of frustration and yelling terrible, unspeakable, and probably punishable by law vulgarity at the TV. At this point I'm able to pick up my day after playing a video game I don't horribly suck at or killing everyone in a different game. (Vice City, what would I do without you?)



PHASE 2: 


I've basically given up on ever achieving my goal. I play the game as some sort of masochistic act towards my mental stability or what's left of it. My whole day is then thrown off and everything goes wrong such as the house ran out of peanut butter, the cat threw up, or the computer crashed.




PHASE 3:  
this was morbid, staci.



You should have seen my face when I beat him. There was a cut scene. I don't remember it. I ran so fast back to a save point and praised the VIDEO GAME GODS for my victory.


And that's how video games ruined my life

:D

2 comments:

  1. Oh, video games. Good times. :D
    I spent two days a few weeks ago trying to beat one boss on Final Fantasy: XIII (actually they were a duo...) and I figured out, after about 18 hours of trying to beat them, that if I stood still and healed myself long enough, their own attacks would kill each other....
    I stared at the screen for a few minutes because I didn't believe it could be that easy.
    Also...It took me a bit to beat Demyx too. I hate him. With his stupid hair and lazy ways. D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling you, Tomb Raider Legend. Got through the whole game in less than 6 hours, but the last level with the final boss? 35 and a half hours of banging the keyboard and swearing uncontrollably until even my nan [who's almost deaf] could blush. But i don't think i'd survived without San Andreas [i kinda fancy it better than Vice City].

    ReplyDelete